Great news – there are lots of workarounds to hiring a professional florist to create towering, elaborate centerpieces for your reception tables!
Today on the Wedding Planning Podcast, we’re going to discuss affordable wedding centerpiece ideas. We’re also going to review some actionable tips for doing your own wedding day flower bouquets & boutonnieres.
Making your own centerpieces will require some extra work on your part, and you may need to simplify things a bit … but if you’re looking for a spot to save a ton of money, creating your own table centerpieces & bouquets is a great place to start.
So exactly how can you create affordable wedding centerpieces, for not a ton of money?
In today’s show, we’re going to start with tips for incorporating flowers into your table decor, and move into some other beautiful centerpiece ideas that incorporate lots of creative materials OTHER than flowers.
I’ll also share some fun examples of complete table set up’s that you can do for less than $10 / table!
Additional wedding centerpiece ideas & resources
1. Make your own wedding bouquets with these simple steps!
For a beautiful “do it yourself” bouquet, you’ll just need to trim & straighten things up a little bit, and tape the ends with floral tape … see how pretty???
4. Cheap Wedding Centerpiece Idea | Stargazer Lilies
Keep it simple! My wedding centerpieces cost just a couple of dollars per table, but they huge stargazer lily blooms made a beautiful, colorful statement.
5. Keep it Green!
Greenery is perfect for doing your own centerpieces because it’s so affordable and a little bit goes a long way.
Lemon leaves, eucalyptus, myrtle, ivy, ferns, dusty miller, & bells of ireland are some of my favorite greenery varieties to work with for wedding centerpieces and bouquets.
6. For max flower savings, search for a floral wholesaler near you.
Type “flower wholesale near me” into Google, grab your girlfriends, & hit the road!
ALL of these flowers cost less than $40, and will make 5 bouquets:
In addition to affordable flowers, you’ll also likely find tons of options for containers, vases, and other wedding decor items for amazingly cheap prices. These 24″ tall birdcages are just $15 at my local wholesaler:
Questions about your wedding centerpieces, or making your own bouquets? Be in touch!
Cheers to you 😉
An extra special thank you for supporting our show sponsors!
- Save 15% site-wide on men’s wedding bands from Alpine Rings and enjoy FREE 2-day shipping & exchanges!
- Get professional help planning your dream honeymoon for FREE when you email email@example.com . Don’t forget to mention the Wedding Planning Podcast for $50 off your booking!
- Train your loved one to deliver your ceremony like a pro with the Unboring Officiant training package! Listeners enjoy 50% off when you visit www.unboringofficiant.com/weddingplanningpodcast